mercredi, septembre 08, 2004

私の兄弟は東京を訪問し損った。

Well, I can't pretend that I'm not a little bit disappointed. My brothers Paul and Joseph are at this very minute flying somewhere over eastern Europe, winging their way to the UK. They'll be landing at Heathrow at about 4pm GMT. When I loaded up the old browser this morning, I noticed that Joe's blog has had an update. Checking to see if he may have put up a last minute goodbye message, I came across this post.

I was shocked to say the least. After spending a good deal of my time, helping him plan an all nighter trip into Tokyo City itself, it seems that the nay-sayers have poisoned the well of 日本の旅行. He's wussed out (or as one of my colleagues here, Paul Muldoon, put it "he girled out", how delightfully Scottish). So one of my best opportunities to vicariously visit the Land of the Rising Sun and the Great Eastern Capital has slipped silently away...